Bringing this community together involves the skills and talents of many people. Our National Night Out event August of 2019 was a tremendous success because of the tireless devotion of a few and the hands-on help of many. Without the entire team, it would not have happened. In the end, it was a personal success for everyone that helped make it happen. It just feels good to be part of something bigger than ourselves. A community is coming together through the work of volunteers. This group is making a difference today and the community is becoming more resilient with the ongoing programs.
To make these programs successful, we need additional skills, talent and time. Everyone has strengths, skills and a desire to do something good. This group has some talented folks but there is a need for others with different skill sets and a passion to fill a gap.
If you have a desire to do something to help the community, there are several active opportunities open for your consideration. While this is not a complete list, it will help you find your happy place and the commute is perfectly short!
We have some upcoming plans and we are looking for volunteers. If you are interested in any of these areas or see a need you would like to fill, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joining our Events & Activity team to help coordinate events
- Create flyers and information boards for events
- Contribute articles or information for the monthly newsletter
- Be a Road Captain for the Map Your Neighborhood program
- Fundraise for our events/activities and collect donations from businesses
- Recruit and organize the volunteer group in our community
- Be a Marketing mentor for creating a profile and plan for our community