Monthly Speaker Series
The Echo Lake Community board has announced the cancelation of scheduled community events based on the continuing guidance from the Washington State Department of Health on the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (COVID-19).
The cancellation, while unfortunate, reaffirms our commitment first and foremost to the safety and health of the families in our community. When conditions improve we will reschedule these events.
In response to the recent survey results, the Echo Lake Community Group is hosting a series of events to inform, educate, and provide everyone an opportunity to socialize with neighbors and dialog about some of the community concerns.
Community strength comes from the people living here. Your attendance and voice is important so please put the dates on your calendar. These monthly events will happen on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at our only community venue for events, the Echo Lake Church.
The planning for these events is underway. As more detailed information becomes available, it will be posted on the schedule below. The speakers may be moved to another month depending on their availability. Confirmed events are shown in Bold.
The following is a list of potential events we are working towards. Availability of speakers will, in part, determine the event of that month. Each event is intended to be educational with time given for questions and discussion. If you are aware of a potential speaker in these areas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Fire District 7 Presentation and discussion
- Public Works focused on county roads (traffic, plans & issues)
- Public Forum focused on Safe Places to Walk
- County Parks & Recreation (Park or Dog Park?)
- State Route 522 plans
- Public Forum Community Disaster Mitigation
- Personal Emergency Preparedness (All New)
- Dept of Fish & Wildlife Education
- Lakes, Streams & Wetlands Education & Discussion
- Neighborhood Watch, Local Crime & Concerns
- Certified First Aid Class
- Williams Northwest Pipeline Co, Overview, Risk Awareness
Monthly Speaker Series Schedule
March 18, 2020 - 'March Mingle' Family Potluck (See flier below) or (Download Flier)
April 15th - Not Currently Scheduled
May 20th - Not Currently Scheduled
June 17th -Not Currently Scheduled
July 15th - Not Currently Scheduled
August 19th - Not Currently Scheduled
September 16th - Not Currently Scheduled
October 21st - Not Currently Scheduled
November 18th - Not Currently Scheduled